Old 01-30-2020, 08:31 AM   #3
justinart24
MOO!

Scaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCE Jason View Post
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! We have a lot of club info, I plan on releasing one once a month.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:10 PM   #4
I B RACIN

Crawler

Justin, while I think what you are doing to keep everyone informed is good , a correction needs to be made I founded this club back in 2005 with Doug Todd, and we did not allow scale trucks at all...they were not allowed until after I had stepped down from running the club. about 2009... when I ran the club at one time we were the 2nd largest club in the country, we saw what scale trucks were doing to ORCRC, so our focus was on crawlers only, and trying to make everyone the best they could be, the club is a shadow of what it once was, but im glad its still around.

Torry
Old 04-02-2020, 01:08 PM   #5
cboggs
Warcrc Commitee Member

Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B RACIN View Post
Justin, while I think what you are doing to keep everyone informed is good , a correction needs to be made I founded this club back in 2005 with Doug Todd, and we did not allow scale trucks at all...they were not allowed until after I had stepped down from running the club. about 2009... when I ran the club at one time we were the 2nd largest club in the country, we saw what scale trucks were doing to ORCRC, so our focus was on crawlers only, and trying to make everyone the best they could be, the club is a shadow of what it once was, but im glad its still around.

Torry
Im sorry to hear you disapprove the way the club is being run. If we only concentrated on comp crawlers the club would be long gone. For your info we still hold comp crawler events and are not a scale only club.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:08 PM   #6
I B RACIN

Crawler

Well let me ask a few questions.

So you said, (If we only concentrated on comp crawlers the club would be long gone.) we use to average 40-50 entry's per comp, with the biggest being about 78... so crawling is not popular anymore? and I see that y'all still have comps but but only 4-5 2.2's, no super trucks why is that? I thought about coming out to a comp with my old school Super truck, not really interested in working on my old 2.2 it was always a filler class for me. but no super trucks so no class for me..

you said, (Im sorry to hear you disapprove the way the club is being run.)

disappointed would be more how I feel, I thought I was leaving the club in good hands to carry on what had been built, but it didn't take long for that to change.

I get the scale thing as far as it would be fun to build, but that's the end of it for me, it takes only about 1/3 of the skill to drive a scale truck compared to a comp truck, and some of the obstacles are ridiculous, like the stick bridges with sticks placed 2" apart, driving a 1000+ truck thru deep mud, or under water. etc.

not trying to offend anyone, I'm just being honest about how I see it.

Torry
Old 04-02-2020, 04:44 PM   #7
justinart24
MOO!

Scaler

No, I get your point. The mass public is more so interested into scale but we haven't given up on our comp crawler scene. To be honest, I have more fun at Comp Crawler events, less people and just hanging out with good friends. As for the scale scene, it's mainly more popular because manufactures don't have any AX10 Comp Crawlers out of the box now a days, besides the RC4WD Bully 2, but the parts that come with that are just parts they put on it to make it a RTR.

I wish Comp Crawlers were more popular, the new trend now a days(not so much our club) is to build Comp Crawler type scale trucks, which doesn't make sense to me. At that point, just build a Comp Crawler. Any who, the hobby has grown a lot of the years and focus's change, as you know, when different trucks get released.

Comp Crawlers do have some traction on line though, I get a lot of traffic still with my WARCRC Crawlers videos I put together, which is cool. But like you said, it takes more skill to piece together a comp crawler, hence why people like the easy option and go with scale.

https://youtu.be/MdDAKJsPjAk
Old 04-02-2020, 11:53 PM   #8
cboggs
Warcrc Commitee Member

Crawler

When guys show up there are about 10-12 and looks like this year its growing. Scale has gotten more popular because manufacturers support it, times have evolved from when you were around. Supers have died off because no one wants to build them, cost being a factor and people don't want to build anymore. The comp crawlers pretty much died everywhere not just here, the devoted still keep it going. Lots have changed, maybe jump on FaceBook and see. Clods are not competitive anymore and you'd be shocked what supers are doing now. You should be happy there's still a club around not saying how you disapprove of something you know nothing about anymore.