Notices

WARCRC > Anything Crawler > Crawler Builds RC4WD Bully Build

Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 AM   #11
jokerswild

Default Re: RC4WD Bully Build

Looks sweet!!! Ive been debating and researching on building a 2.2 Pimpcane with the MOA. I really think your 5in is good to be able to pull the front wheel as far up onto a vertical ledge. If that makes any sense??? Too low would not let the wheel and the weight get as far back on the ledge to pull up the rear. And prolly trim off the lower of the body to gain more clearance. This is all just info from what I have read and seen vids of. I know nothing of this matter :thumbsup:
Old 09-16-2008, 12:15 AM   #12
jeeper_05

the main reason that I may lower it is for the shocks to clear everything and have the right angle, I am going to go get my dads super, so I can scale it down, and measure the angles of the shocks...

Thanks for all the great comments guys!! :thumbsup:
Old 09-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #13
jokerswild

Hey thanks for posting up good pics!!!! Post up what you end up with...... I wanna see some vids :mrgreen:
Old 09-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #14
stallion67

wow looks great. I need to sell my tuber so I can build something new but I cant bring myself to do it . too many hours put into it :roll: :lol:

keep us posted
Old 09-16-2008, 11:30 PM   #15
jeeper_05

Well guys, I have gotten quite a bit accomplished tonight?I got her to a roller :thumbsup: ?

Thanks to everyone for the comments, and advise?I listened to grover from tcs, and lowered it, so now its only 4? belly clearance?haha?

Also managed to find a steering tie rod that was the perfect lenth to give me an idea of how much steering I will have, and if it will bind with anything?I widened the front out to 10-3/8? with the different offsets for the vanquish wheels, and left the rear right at 10? for gate clearance?

Ended up using 3.5 inch big bores as the 4?ers seemed too long?

Using my homemade jig, she sits dead at 12.5? wheelbase, couldn?t get it any closer!!!?

With being just a roller, these axles and wheels make this baby a pig, but the weight is all down low ?

It does have a small amount of axle steer, but I don?t think it will present too much of a problem as it is not too bad at all?

I can get the on corner a total of 4? off the ground, which is plenty of flex for me, I will have to play with spring rates, but the losi yellows seem just right for the angle and weight, but only driving will tell?

I was able to adjust and get the rear clocked up using links and shocks to persuade it?motor and axle is flush with links?while still keeping everything heavy below the top of the tires?I will hopefully be eventually getting some delrin links made for slickeriness (new word)?

I adjusted the front to where the steering links were absolutely level with the ground, and I still don?t think rc4wd needs to clock these axles, they seem just fine the way they are, I have plenty of room?

Well, that?s all for tonight, hopefully tomorrow night I will be able to get the steering done, ota may not be possible with the stick setup, but just because I think that doesn?t mean I wont try?Once steering is finished, I will be figuring out where I want to mount all the electronics?Let the comments fly?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #16
needs2hunt

Scaler
Send a message via MSN to needs2hunt

nice work.. I'm lovin it... I don't know a whole lot about these kind of builds ,would longer rear links make the axle steer go away?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:28 PM   #17
jeeper_05

Well, I didn't get a whole lot of anything accomplished tonight...took the wife to dinner, then went and saw my neice...

When I got home I flopped all the steering to where the knuckles were in back, and actually built and bent a rod for ota steering, and for the work and time it would take to figure out where the heck to mount a sevo, I decided I didnt need OTA steering..besides, it gave me the exact same clearance as the high steer knuckles already do...

So I flopped it all back to regular, and drew up a template on cardboard, going to make a delrin servo mount for it tomorrow night, need my brother to break out with the scroll saw and do some inside cutting for me to slide the servo in...

Should have some progress pics tomorrow night with the steering all hooked up...

Then on to the dreaded wiring ...
Old 09-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #18
jeeper_05

well, I got all the mounting of the electronics done tonight, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to solder it, and test...finally...also got the body mounted, and dig switch mount made along with a fancy little electronics tray built...not shown in pics are custom wraps for the bottom of the axles, and bottom of the backbone with associated teflon chassis protector to protect, and make the truck slick, and not hang up on the aluminum...still need to make a bracket to make the servo more solid mounted...here are the pics...enjoy...again, please leave comments of what you think i need to change/fix?

Old 09-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #19
hlb3

Crawler

Nice lookin setup! :thumbsup:
Old 09-21-2008, 10:13 AM   #20
tooslickforyou

Hella cool.